Why support the Free and Fair Elections Resolution?
- It would demand a U.S. Constitutional Amendment to fix the disastrous influence that dark money and special interests have on our elections, and if Congress will not act, Indiana will apply for a limited convention under Article V to propose the amendment with the rest of the states.
- The systemic corruption of money in our elections blocks progress on every other issue that we care about, and the vast majority of Americans across political parties and ideologies agree it is a serious problem.
- Given the current system enabled by a series of Supreme Court decisions, a U.S. Constitutional Amendment is the only solution powerful enough to fix this problem in the long-term.
- A majority of U.S. Constitutional Amendments were preceded by a movement in the states applying for such a convention for that purpose, just like this one.
- The requirement of 3/4 of the states to ratify any proposed amendments guarantees only the most popular and non-partisan proposals have any chance of becoming amendments.
We need people-power to pass this important piece of legislation. Every person who completes this form helps be part of that power. Join us in making history and let's have Indiana join Vermont, California, Illinois, New Jersey, and Rhode Island, and become the 6th state to pass this historic legislation.